Chemistry For Dummies

david

Chemistry For Dummies

Postby david » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:18 pm

John T Moore

This is the same guy who wrote (in collaboration) 'Biochemistry For Dummies'. Which is a good book.

and so is this.

It is set out in 5 parts, 22 chapters across the 5 parts.

Basics, Bonds, The Mole, Everyday Life, 'Part of Tens'

It turns out you can learn some Chemistry without having to do any real work. No maths, no remembering, no experiments, no boring lectures, nothing... just fun reading, turning pages, looking at what you want to look at...

A superficial understanding of a great chunk of what Chemistry is about is right there within these pages for the taking, easily. 'Swonderful.

But if you want to get serious the information is in these pages for you to actually learn how to do quite complicated and chemically necessary and fundamental calculations and, of course, there's tons of stuff you could commit to memory... there's lots and lots of facts... if anyone bothers to remember facts any more in these days of instant googling...

:)

A good book. An excellent book. I wish I'd had it with me all my life. I don't want to be a chemist but this kind of understanding just adds to one's own life no matter what your job is, no matter what you do.... it is fundamental stuff.. adds to your understanding of what reality is..

Return to “science”